This is a nice fresh salad I found on the site bellow that I gave a try and I think you should too
Niçoise salad has potatoes, green beans, eggs, tuna, and, of course, niçoise olives.You can use Tuna or Anchovies but if you are a vegetarian you can leave the fish out entirely.
This salad is actually really easy to make. It does take a bit of time because you have to boil the eggs and potatoes and steam the green beans, but it really isn’t too much time, and it is worth every minute! A Salad Niçoise is usually served as a composed salad, which means that the ingredients are arranged decoratively in sections rather than tossed together.
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 12 fingerling potatoes (I used the multicolored ones.), boiled just until tender and sliced
- 4 eggs, boiled and sliced
- 2 4 ounce cans good quality tuna packed in olive oil
- 12 ounces French green beans, steamed
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 40 Niçoise olives (or other oil cured black olives)
- chopped green onions for sprinkling
- capers for spinkling
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Arrange vegetables, eggs, and tuna decoratively on plate.
- Whisk together mustard and olive oil.
- Whisking constantly, gradually add vinegar. Continue whisking until well combined.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle over salad.